Program Support Assistant (OA)
U.S. Department of StateFull time Full day
This position is located in the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations, Resource Management Directorate, Office of the Executive Director and Information Resource Management Division (OBO/RM/EX/IRM) and serves as a Program Support Assistant and supports a wide variety of administrative support tasks in support of the Branch and Division.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.
Learn more about this agency
- Records time and attendance (T&A) in the Tatel Systems for all assigned staff.
- Coordinates service support in the areas of requisition, purchase, storage, maintenance of stock levels, installation, repair, maintenance, and disposal of office equipment.
- Performs technical and general program support data collection, compilation, research, and tracking of data and program information.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of information control systems, including systematic maintenance, transfer, and disposition of records.
- Ensures data entry is complete and accurate and enters pertinent information into an automated tracking system, and retrieves computerized data.
- Uses desktop publishing software to create a variety of documents and reports, integrates text and graphics, creates, updates, revises and sorts.
Occasional travel - 25% or less may be required.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants applying for the GS-04 grade level must meet one of the following requirements:
A. Have one (1) year of progressively responsible clerical, office or other general work experience that indicates your ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying experience must demonstrate the following:
Experience updating and revising existing databases or spreadsheets.
Experience recording time and attendance (T&A) into automated timekeeping or payroll system.
Experience scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements and assisting in filling out travel vouchers.
B. Have successfully completed two (2) years of education above high school obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university;
C. Have a combination of experience (less than 1 year of specialized experience as described above) which is equivalent to the GS- 04 level in the Federal service AND post high school education which when combined meets 100% of the education and experience requirements. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school. When combining education with experience, first determine your total qualifying education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; then determine your experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for this grade level.
Must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm with no more than 3 errors. Note: Individuals may be required to take a typing exam.
Note: If you are qualifying based on education you must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application. If selected, an official transcript will be required to verify education prior to employment.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.