NVE, Inc.Contractor Full day
NVE, Inc. (NVE) is a Woman Owned Small Business that has been in business since 2003. Our lines of business include Integrated Facility Services, Administrative Support Services, and Security. NVE has developed an excellent reputation with our Federal and Commercial clientele for our technical expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction.
NVE, Inc. provides Program Management, Administrative Services, Engineering, Facilities Management, and Security services to a range of Federal and local agencies including the US Department of State, US Agency for International Development (USAID), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), US Army, General Services Administration (GSA), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), US Geological Survey (USGS), Department of Commerce, and Virginia Railway Express (VRE).
NVE Inc. is seeking an HVAC Technician that will serve as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic under the general supervision of the Lead HVAC Mechanic and is responsible for determining work methods, trade techniques, equipment and materials to be used in accomplishing assignments.
An existing government TS clearance is required!!
Must be knowledgeable and skilled in:
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Mechanic installs
- Services and repairs environmental-control systems in office buildings,
- Data centers and other commercial establishments
- Utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory
- Pipe-fitting and structural layout
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor and using hand tools
- Following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Fabricates, assembles and installs duct work and chassis parts
- Using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment and installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system
This mechanic also cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe, using machine threading or hand-threading equipment, joins tubing or pipes to various refrigeration units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solder joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant, installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
Competent with plumbing of makeup water supplies and discharge to include common fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens.
This worker connects motors, compressor, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source; installs air and water filters in completed installation, injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure. This mechanic observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjust controls to insure proper operation, test joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap- and-water solution, wraps pipe in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands, replaces defective breaker controls, thermostat, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, may install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty (20) tons cooling capacity in various types of buildings.
- Available for shift work and weekends
- Capable with basic office equipment to include cell phone, tablet, telephone, fax and copy scanner.
- An existing government TS clearance
- Journeyman HVAC License (must be maintained for continued employment)
- Certified Level 3 by NETA desired
- OSHA 30 desired • U.S. Citizenship
**This is a Union Position with Local 99**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.