Senior Manager, Customer & Market Insight- Pipeline Assets
BiogenFull time Full day
The Senior Manager, Global Customer & Market Insights for Pipeline assets will play a key role within the Global Customer & Market Insights team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and innovate the insight function within Biogen as an individual contributor, within an organization that is poised for growth. Must have pharmaceutical market research and competitive intelligence experience.
Job Description: The Senior Manager, Global Customer & Market Insights for Pipeline assets will play a key role within the Global Customer & Market Insights team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and innovate the insight function within Biogen as an individual contributor, within an organization that is poised for growth.
The Senior Manager is expected to generate insights and influence global teams dedicated to preparing Pipeline assets for launch, and coordinate with Regional and Local Customer & Market Insight leads around the world, as needed.
The role is required to leverage technical skills in market research, competitive intelligence and analytics to collaborate with a range of stakeholders on insight generation for the purpose of commercial and brand building launch readiness.
The senior manager will support the development of capabilities within the Customer & Market Insight team, as needed, and will be responsible for identifying and implementing ongoing process excellence, research innovation, and capability building initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
Market Research Execution and Insight Generation (80%)
• Expert Insight Generation: Lead the generation of insights to support creation of Global commercial go to market and brand strategies in collaboration with the commercial/brand leads and extended cross functional, US and OUS affiliate stakeholders
• Primary Market Execution: Lead the generation of insight to provide Global commercial/brand strategy support for launch readiness
• Competitive Intelligence: Create CI deliverables such as regular marketplace and congress monitoring aligned to business needs/annual plan
• Forecast Coordination: Design and execute primary market research to provide support and guidance to global forecasting efforts and as necessary to provide inputs into forecast
• Brand Planning: Support launch readiness planning key priorities and deliverables including the annual planning process (Global Market Outlook, as appropriate)
• Stakeholder Engagement: Build key relationships with affiliate and cross-functional experts, to define problems, generate hypotheses, design methodologies, shape analytics, and generate and synthesize insights to support brand/commercial team decision making with clear crisp communication
• Manage Projects within Budget: Manage the budget for assigned projects (e.g. market research, competitive insight programs, center of excellence activities)
Develop Center of Excellence Capabilities (Functional) (20%)
• Work with the Customer & Market Insight Leadership Team to identify and implement improvements to team operations including Market Research and Competitive Intelligence processes, knowledge management processes and capabilities, project management processes, and vendor management strategies.
• Lead effort to innovate the insight function by developing, piloting and training on new and novel insight methodologies
• 4-6 years of experience within a pharmaceutical company, market research vendor, or consulting firm supporting the pharma/biotech industry
• Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high-profile part of the business
• Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills, particularly presentation skills
• Highly collaborative – must be able to navigate and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders and help shape the direction of Customer & Market Insight team peers
• Rare disease experience helpful
• Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills
• Strong understanding of marketing and market research principles
• Analytical horsepower – extremely strong analytic and quantitative skill set and knowledge of pharma data sources
• Exceptional team player, with the ability to develop and apply individual market research expertise in service of Brand Aligned Insight team objectives
• Travel is expected in this role, up to 25%
• B.S. in business, the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred)
• MBA from a well-respected institution desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.