Reid Hospital & Health Care ServicesFull time Full day
Responsible for entering charges and providing accurate, complete and appropriate coding using ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS classification systems and FQHC billing guidelines. Assigns appropriate codes to diagnoses specified in the record by the treating provider(s) and in keeping with regulatory requirements.
- Codes services provided and documented within the Neighborhood Health Center medical record for the purpose of quality planning and assessment, reimbursement, research and compliance with Federal regulations according to ICD-10-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS classification systems and FQHC billing guidelines.
- Assists with compliance of addressing HCC's as required by Medicare.
- Performs charge entry and data entry/abstraction on patients into the applicable computer system.
- Consults with providers and office staff as needed on documentation issues and other regulatory issues as they arise.
- Attend Practice Operating Council and other practice meetings to present educational updates or discuss unique findings and recommendations as requested.
- Assists providers with appropriate diagnosis determination as needed.
- Runs reports to assure claims are error free and fixes claims as needed.
- Keeps current with coding guidelines, rules and regulations and new codes.
- Refers coding and system questions to the Neighborhood Health Center Billing Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner.
- Refers complex coding and system questions to the Neighborhood Health Center Billing Manager(s) in a timely manner.
- Assists with abstraction and retrieval of data for special studies.
- Assists the NHC Billing Office and practices with coding functions as needed.
- Follows compliance with all laws, regulations, and guidelines of federal and state programs with an emphasis on prevention of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Performs special assignments as required.
Required Certification: Certification as a professional coder through an organization that specializes in medical office coding or current enrollment in a certification class. Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire
Required Experience: Working knowledge of the 10-CM and CPT/HCPCS coding systems, FQHC billing guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Working knowledge and ability to identify Hierarchical Condition Categories.Must have knowledge of the physician billing process. Experience in computer operations.
Day Shift. 40 hours weekly. 7:00a-3:30p