Surgical Tech at Health Central Hospital
Orlando HealthFull time Full day
Surgical Tech at Health Central Hospital - Surgery Center- Full Time- Day- req17113
$$ This position is now offering a sign-on bonus $$
Are you a Surgical Tech searching for an organization that values people, quality and community? Then choose Orlando Health and join our team!
Health Central Hospital at Orlando Health is currently seeking a full-time Surgical Tech to join our Health Central Hospital Surgery Center on the dayshift. As a Surgical Tech at Health Central, you will be responsible for prepping specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of surgical procedures. You will demonstrate knowledge of sterile technique, pass instruments to surgeons during procedures, maintain surgical specimens for submission to pathology, and order supplies. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
- High school graduate or equivalent and successful completion of one of the following: 1. Surgical Technology training program 2. U. S. Military Medical Core Training 3. Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
- Must maintain a current BLS with Healthcare Provider certification
- Must obtain a Certification as Surgical Technologist (CST) within 6 months of hire date
- Prior Surgical Tech experience required
- Prior Sterile Processing experience preferred
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area's only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area's largest employers with more than 20,200 employees who serve more than 167,000 inpatients, more than 2.7 million outpatients, and more than 20,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $620 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.