A-TEKFull time Full day
A-TEK, Inc. located in Tysons Corner, VA, is a small woman-owned business. A-TEK continues its commitment to solving global threats to the U.S. through science and secure technologies. A-TEK provides high end technology solutions, coupled with a leading edge scientific capability that supports our country’s national security and the intelligence mission of our customers.
The Program Manager will be tasked with managing a large complex program and associated projects for a federal customer. The Program Manager will have deep knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Architecture, Requirements Management, and Policy/Governance. The Program Manager will be responsible for delegating tasks and setting deadlines, reporting on developments to the government customer, and ensuring the team understands the strategic mission of the federal agency. He/She will be responsible for strategic, tactical and operational management and execution of all aspects of the customer mission following A-TEK’s methodology and management practices. The Program Manager will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals. The Program Manger will oversee developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals. He/She will develop and own the vision, strategy and delivery on this key project at the CIO level. He/she will understand Agile practices and be able to coach the team members on processes and tools. The Program Manager will effectively communicate with the EVP of Operations and various senior management regarding risk mitigation and contingency planning. He/She will provide weekly, monthly and quarterly contract reporting. The Program Manager will play a role in the growth of the program. He/She will be a demonstrated senior problem solver and will be required to exhibit knowledge, skills and abilities in CIO support consulting services and key stakeholder communication. In order to be successful in this role, the Program Manager will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. The successful candidate will also possess the requisite management and leadership experience in the following areas:
- Project and task management experience successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget and in scope
- Manage teams of resources, including sub-contractors, and provide leadership and mentoring to the staff, as needed
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Be responsible for understanding requirements and ensuring that the program personnel are fulfilling the requirements by the customer
- Be responsible for the quality, content, and prompt delivery of all task and contractual deliverables
- Manage communications across project teams
- Identify and solve project issues
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices.
- Oversee all aspects of multiple project development life cycles
- Have strong organizational, presentation and customer communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification
- US Citizenship
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience managing a large complex federal government project
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with SharePoint
- Familiarity with the following tools a plus: ServiceNow, JIRA, M Project Word, Excel, Deltek/Costpoint
- Prior management experience of teams of 10+ FTEs
- Prior experience operating in a CMMI Level III environment
- Prior primary program management and delivery experience for federal contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain customer relationships
- Experience with architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
- Experience working with IT supporting a Federal community
- Experience managing customer, multi-contractor and other stakeholder communications
- Proven experience in growing a client relationship and creating opportunities in adjacent markets
- Prior experience supporting a Federal CIO organization is a preferred
A-TEK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected Veteran status.