Founding High School STEM Teacher (SY 20-21)
Uncommon SchoolsFull time Full day
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 54 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We accomplish our mission every day, with a 98% college acceptance rate, thousands of stories of our scholars achieving their goals, and the relentless drive to provide our students the future they deserve.
Founding High School Math Teacher
Are you looking for a dynamic, fast paced work environment that mirrors the excitement of a start up and has a direct social impact? Come join the Camden Prep team as we launch our first high school for the 2020-2021 school year! We are looking for driven, energetic, and hard working teachers who are hungry to make a difference in the city of Camden. Joining our founding team will require flexibility, a desire to collaborate to establish school systems, culture, and routines, and execution of rigorous lessons! We seek teachers to teach one of the following content areas:
- Mathematics or Biology
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and
- Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to put team before self;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- By the time that employment begins, candidates must have received a Bachelor's degree from a College or University. For teaching roles in New Jersey, candidates who have not already earned their NJ state teacher certification must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher (for degrees conferred before September 1, 2016) or a GPA of 3.0 or higher (for degrees conferred on or after September 1, 2016).
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon Believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.