Las Vegas- Direct Support Professional
ChrysalisFull time Full day
Chrysalis is a company that provides a variety of support services for at-risk adults and/or juveniles that have developmental and intellectual disabilities. These individuals also have a variety of fragile medical issues. This position requires the ability to work in stress-filled and safety-sensitive environments, follow pre-approved programs, make crucial decisions in regards to the care and treatment of at-risk individuals, and possess the ability to communicate those decisions effectively to others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively to the individuals
- Teach individuals daily living skills
- Plan appropriate activities for the individuals
- Create opportunities for people to increase quality of life
- Support the individual's choices
- Provide a clean, healthy, and safe environment
- Implement Person Centered Plans
- Supervise individuals according to the Supervision Guidelines
- Follow Behavioral Plans
- Assist and supervise individuals with taking the appropriate medication
- Complete necessary administrative tasks within established time frames
- Complete and document all documentation required by Chrysalis and the State
- Maintain communication with the Manager regarding the individual's needs
- Follow the Provider Code of Conduct/ Abuse Neglect and Exploitation Policy according to state standards
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of least 18 years old
- Pass a criminal background check
- Should possess the ability to speak, read and write effectively in English.
- Work 4p to 12am or 12am to 8am including weekends and holidays
- Prior experience in caring for vulnerable people is preferred
Experience or Education:
- High school diploma or GED
Training and Certifications:
- Complete all initial and on-going training requirements within established time frames
- Complete annual CPR, First Aid, and OSHA training (We will train you!)
- Obtain and maintain SOAR certification (We will train you!)
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand state policies and the Provider Code of Conduct, the abuse, neglect and exploitation policy.
- Excellent public relations skills working with the individuals' family
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical, professional, and state employees
- Demonstrate good judgment and ability to handle crisis situations
- Have excellent interpersonal skills working with the individual and co-workers
- Demonstrate a service oriented attitude
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made if possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made so long as the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the job and not place patients, employees or others at risk.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; talk and/or hear; uses hands to finger, feel, and handle objects; reach with arms, bend over, and stoop and lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The employee is also required to restrain aggressive, at-risk, adult individuals, and lift and/or move an adult person.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various environments including, but not limited to the following: aggressive individuals, may come into contact with blood and/or salvia, and other OPIM. Duties may vary for different locations.
This position description is intended to provide some guidelines for job expectation and the employees ability to perform the position described. This document does not represent a contract of employment and Chrysalis reserves its right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.