PLC Technician - Sorter Systems
BEUMER GroupFull time Full day
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
Must live close to a major airport and be able to travel up to 80% of the time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Commissioning of automated controls for supplied or modified equipment in a timely and professional manner
- Design and execute on site acceptance test procedures with Project Manager and Customer
- Create and/or review technical documentation for accuracy with Project Manager
- Provide technical interface between Customer and Project Manager
- Remote technical support of Customers, as assigned, in a timely and professional manner
- Interpret circuit diagrams and layout drawings for installation and/or troubleshooting purposes
- Write and troubleshoot Ladder and STL PLC programs
- Interface with BEUMER IT team during commissioning and troubleshooting
- Develop and maintain an effective professional relationship with Customers and/or project personnel
- Communicate commissioning/troubleshooting activities in a daily, weekly, or as requested format, to the appropriate personnel in a timely and professional manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of electro-mechanical or controls experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge and proficiency in the following:
- Ladder and STL Programs
- Siemens 7
- Allen Bradley, all lines * Ability to interpret circuit diagrams and assembly drawings
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues
- Data base functionality and interfacing
- Remote Software functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Organization, Planning and Time Management Skills
- Positive, Professional and Energetic Demeanor
- Must be able to travel domestically and/or internationally 80% of the time.
- Valid Driver's License - Must meet insurance underwriting requirements
Commitment Required Able to set and meet goals; sincere care for others; overwhelming desire to win and to be part of a winning team; able to travel 80% of the time.
BEUMER is an innovative intralogistics company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.