Site Installation Supervisor - Electro/Mechanical
BEUMER GroupFull time Full day
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
To supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in the installation, and modification of supplied equipment while ensuring that the highest quality of work is provided.
Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time to project locations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain job box with required tools and hardware for shipment to and from the job site
- Participate in kick off meetings and or job close out meetings
- Develop and maintain an effective professional relationship with site and project personnel
- Communicate site/project activities in a daily, weekly, or as requested format to the appropriate personnel in a timely and professional manner
- Layout of equipment using supplied drawings
- Secure job site and company equipment in a safe and workmanlike manner
- Assigns tasks to workers, and specify method of coordinating workflow to meet schedules
- Ensure sub-contractors perform in a safe and workmanlike manner
- Assist with start-up and commissioning of equipment
- Investigate malfunction of machines and equipment to determine need for repair
- 70-80% domestic and/or international travel
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years of Electro/mechanical experience is preferred
- Ability to Interpret Installation Drawings
- Operate a fork lift and related equipment
- Welding Skills
- Travel up to 80% of the time - Domestic & International
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Heavy lifting/material handling skills
- Excellent time management ability
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Computer literacy
- Leadership and Planning Abilities
- Valid Driver's License – Must be able to meet underwriting requirements
Able to set and meet goals; sincere care for others; overwhelming desire to win and to be part of a winning team; able to travel.
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.