Cold Heading Setup Operator
Shakeproof - ITWFull time Full day
ITW Shakeproof (SAP) serves the major US OEMs (Ford, GM, and FCA) and their tier suppliers. We supply metal cold headed fasteners totaling approximately $169M in revenue annually.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW SAP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
· Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
We are looking for an experienced Cold Heading Operator to join our team! Shift time 5:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
· Selects, installs, and aligns dies, cutting tools, guides, and stops to setup machine
· Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on work piece in specified sequence.
· Positions coil of metal wire or rod on feed spindle and threads it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism.
· Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
· Starts machine to begin production and observes machine operations for evidence of malfunction and products for defects.
· Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis. Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap, and sweeps floor to maintain housekeeping standards.
· Instructs and directs activities of workers in production ensuring setups are completed accurately and timely.
· Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
· Prior experience operating single and multi-die header machines
· Continuous Improvement Mindset
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.