Culinary Director- Full Time
Health Dimensions GroupFull time Full day
Health Dimensions Group is a nationwide leader in post-acute and senior care management and consulting services. For over 25 years, Health Dimensions Group has had a strong reputation for designing integrated and customized solutions for the achievement of community health goals for the communities we manage and for our consulting clients throughout the country. Our strong track record, technical expertise, client intimate approach, strong business pragmatism and consistent outcomes have been the basis for the continued growth of the organization. Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions and represent stability to those we serve.
***This position is for a client of Health Dimensions Group***
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Meeting the Dietary and Nutritional Needs of Residents
- Ensure food is prepared in an attractive and appetizing manner with minimal redundancy in the variety of menu items offered.
- Ensure food, refreshments and nourishments are prepared in keeping with resident’s tastes, diet requirements and in accordance with administration's specifications.
- Coordinate effective cleanliness and sanitation throughout the dietary department.
- Directs a consistent food service and delivery schedule to the residents based on menus and standard recipes.
- Coordinates the preparation of all community meals, with different texture levels and of different combinations of therapeutic diets served on Nursing Units or in dining room with emphasis on geriatric nutritional requirements.
- Ensure all residents’ food and fluid intake is monitored/recorded and alert the dietician, physician, and nurse to problems noted.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a sanitary environment with the consultant dietitian performing periodic inspections during scheduled visits.
- Prepare 3 day emergency menu that must be written and kept readily available in the kitchen.
- Supply of shelf stable food, beverages, and food service utensils must be kept on hand and separate from regular dry goods inventory.
- Work with the registered dietitian to provide the kitchen with a written meal plan for every therapeutic diet ordered in the facility.
- Leading and Developing the Dietary Team and Department
- Complete requirements of employer policies and procedures including, for an example, timely completion of in service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Maintain compliance and training in regards to standards for meal service and food quality.
- Perform and document daily audits for safety, sanitation, food quality, meal delivery, and quality standards to optimize operational performance.
- Manage staff performance through regular reviews, timely feedback, and performance planning.
- Provide formal and informal coaching and feedback to dietary team members.
- Oversee clinical aspects of nutritional documentation for residents.
- Purchase food and supplies from authorized vendors to meet menu requirements.
- Maintain weekly operating reports to analyze performance to budget and ensure financial goals are met.
- Conducts and monitor resident food preference surveys.
- Perform tasks and provide input for weekly operating reports and other financial reports.
- Establishes standards, department goals and procedures and follows departmental budget.
- Meet department goals by delegating tasks and analyzing quality cost control.
- Supporting the Care of Residents
- Attends and participates in care plan meetings, in-service training programs and other meeting as assigned.
- Reports any changes in resident behavior, physical status, safety hazards and/or procedural difficulties to the appropriate team members.
- Reports attendance and refusals to Leadership Team as required.
- Attends resident council meetings when invited and report any grievances to the leadership team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, speak, listen and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer proficiency with software programs and the ability to learn new computer technology and programs.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition Services or Food Service Management; or
- Is a graduate of a Dietary Mangers Association approved dietary manager training program; or
- Is a certified dietary manager or eligible for certification with the certifying Board for Dietary Managers; or
- Is a dietetic technician registered or eligible for registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; or
- Is a graduate of a state-approved course that provides 90 or more hours of classroom instruction in dietary-service management and has experience as a supervisor in a health care institution from a qualified dietician.
- Two years of experience in the area of institutional Food Service management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern nutrition and food preparation, quantity cooking, buying, menu planning and food costs.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable professional and governmental standards and regulations on institutional food service.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) credential or be eligible to test for the exam in the near future.
- Flexible work schedule (which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours).
- On-call for the community.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures.
Please include salary requirement with application and resume..
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.