Junior Environmental/Transportation Planner
IBI GroupFull time Full day
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow!
As a member of a multi-disciplinary project team, the Junior Environmental/Transportation Planner will support the Senior Environmental Planner / Project Manager to coordinate large multi-disciplinary teams, manage public outreach and agency consultation, and document all aspects of transportation and transit planning studies.
• Assist with the preparation of environmental documents for all phases of transportation and transit planning projects (Class EAs including the MEA, MTO, TPAP and Metrolinx)
• Coordinate public consultation programs, including open houses, consultation records, project websites, and reporting
• Assist with the preparation of consultation materials including notices, newsletters, Public Information Centre display materials
• Work with regulatory agencies and stakeholders to identify and address issues and approval/permitting requirements
• Technical review of reports from multi-disciplinary specialists and consultants to identify key conclusions, recommendations, and next steps
• Interact with clients, regulators, stakeholders, First Nations and the public
• Assist with project management plans, including scope and schedule
• Write and edit reports and prepare presentations
• Follow quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety requirements
• Relevant Degree in Planning, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences or Engineering; co-operative work experience is an asset
• 2 to 4 years of relevant experience to this role
• Strong research, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Analytical thinker, creative problem solver, able to think outside the box
• Ability to collaborate and support the team, a self-starter who can anticipate next steps
• Self-motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to delivering high quality results
• Proficient at Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of social marketing and infographics is an asset
• Experience with GIS and AutoCAD software is an asset
Located on the 3rd floor of 18401 Von Karman Avenue, our office is in the Irvine Business Complex (IBC). It is within walking distance of John Wayne Airport and just a short drive to the beach or miles of hiking and biking trails. With Orange County’s beautiful weather, IBI Group has access to many outdoor entertainment and relaxation amenities from ping-pong tables to seating areas where you can soak up the California sun during lunch breaks. Our office is located just across the street from the only Ultra-Sport 24 Hour Fitness Center within Orange County where a discounted membership price is offered to those who work in the area. IBI Group Irvine office is conveniently located near three freeways, several shopping centers and many amazing restaurants.
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. The floors are open concept and creative and represent our collaborative approach to projects. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.”
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.