Food Services Director
Morning Pointe Senior LivingFull time Full day
Do you have a true passion for providing care to seniors in their time of need? The Morning Pointe difference seeks to provide opportunities for growth in a positive family atmosphere. We strive to translate our associates' passion into meaningful experiences that provide our residents with the highest quality of care.
This position is part of the Operations Leadership Team responsible for the creation of resident-focused, high performance, high-commitment work teams that support the Morning Pointe purpose of "partnering with families in meeting the challenges of life". The Food Service Director is responsible for delivering nutritional food and beverages with quality service while managing costs and meeting state health / regulatory standards. Responsibilities include kitchen management, menu planning, meal preparation, food / equipment inventory control and kitchen staff supervision.
The successful candidate must have five years professional dietary experience. Prefer candidates have a certification of training in the culinary field. Food Service / Dietary experience in senior resident services or health care desired. Kitchen staff supervision, menu planning, and inventory control experience necessary. Knowledge of HICPP guidelines and the nutritional needs of the older adult required. Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent organization and interpersonal skills are a must. Occasional travel may be required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
General / Leadership:
- Plan, prepare and deliver all resident and employee meals, including special events.
- Ensure successful implementation of Kitchen Policies and Procedures, Menu Planning, and special events.
- Build relationships and strong communication channels with residents and families to ensure nutritional needs are being met.
- Monitor kitchen and dining room for cleanliness and function of equipment. Maintains appropriate level of supplies. Inventory supplies and equipment as required.
- Assure compliance with local, state and federal health regulations.
- Plan and carry out special duties or projects as assigned.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to all food service staff members.
- Under Executive Director's guidance, direct and evaluate food service staff on 90 day training period and annual review basis.
- With Executive Director's guidance, document associate counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Deliver Food Service and Kitchen Safety Training Programs for all food service staff members.
This position is classified as HEAVY, requiring exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to life/move objects. Functional requirements include constant standing and walking. Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, turning and stretching. Finger and hand dexterity required. Visual and hearing acuity essential. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions necessary. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations required.