CoreCivicFull time Full day
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a HVAC Mechanic who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The HVAC Mechanic installs, maintains and repairs the facility's environmental control systems for proper operation and the optimization of energy use.
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment which may include heating, ventilating, air conditioning equipment, steam distribution equipment, hot water boilers, closed loop chillers, and energy management systems.
- Dismantle defective or malfunctioning machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts, and tests the operation following the repair.
- Operate a variety of equipment such as: hands tools, welding equipment, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform routine duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoots, repairs or installs HVAC units, including electronic and mechanical components; not to exclude the ductwork, flexible tubing, and sheet metal construction.
- Install, repair, and maintain fuel and water supply lines, computerized, pneumatic and digital direct control devices related to HVAC and heat control.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience with large commercial HVAC systems and general building automation systems is required.
- Must possess a universal HVAC license.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.