Supervisor Central Billing Office - PPG Front End Revenue Cycle - Full Time - Days
ProMedicaFull time Full day
The Central Staffing Supervisor is responsible for all day-to-day activities of the Central Staffing Department (CSD). Provides direction and guidance to all CSD staff. Facilitates a team effort in the delivery of efficient, quality, and timely service to all customers, both internal and external. Acts as a liaison between CSD and all other departments at both the business unit and organizational level.
- Directs and oversees responsibilities and duties of Central Staffing employees to ensure productivity, efficiency, and service.
- Oversees the creation, development, deployment, and maintenance of employee training.
- Develops operating budget, assesses need(s) for capital equipment, monitors expenses and takes corrective action as needed.
- Manages CSD staff as it relates to performance evaluations and work assignment assessment. Identifies problems relating to work methods and facilitates improvements thereto. Recommends and presents disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Prepares required paperwork relative to human resource management, including but not limited to screening, interview, and selection of candidates according to PPG hiring procedures for applicable CSD postings
- Ensures that staff understands and follows established policies and procedures. Implements, defines and supports policies and procedures in the department with appropriate approvals.
- Prepares purchase orders and AP requests. Responsible for maintaining supplies, inventory and ordering processes. Reviews and approves supply and service purchases as per protocol.
- In conjunction with IT and operations, oversees the IT needs of the department, to include staff competencies, policy implementation, troubleshooting and equipment functioning.
- Schedules office staff in line with the department's needs and verifies hours worked. Monitors and approves overtime and ETO for all employees. Submits time documents as per protocol.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with direct reports to provide information and education.
- Ensures that employee performance reflects job standards and implements corrective action plan based on work issues. Prepares staff performance reviews in a timely manner. Holds staff accountable to performance and service standards.
- Prepares required paperwork relative to ProMedica human resource management. Screens and interviews candidates following appropriate hiring procedures.
- Upholds professional appearance and demeanor within the department.
- Monitors, communicates and takes appropriate action for risk and quality issues to include customer complaint resolution.
- Helps to identify new service opportunities and assists operations and finance in the evaluation of ROI. Implements as appropriate.
- Attends all regularly scheduled office manager/leadership meetings/seminars and accurately communicates information to staff in a timely manner.
- Participates in available professional activities and continuing education programs.
- All other duties as assigned by the director, operations or designee.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration or related field (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- Minimum of three years of documented management experience in a health care office, clinic, and/ or physician office environment.
- Proficient in medical terminology. Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel or similar software.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and direct both clinical and clerical staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to achieving customer satisfaction and organizational excellence.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details