Compass Mortgage, IncFull time Full day
We are a Residential Mortgage lender in the greater Chicago area where mortgages are our only business. At Compass, our strongest desire and greatest passion is to help our clients make wise and informed choices with regards to mortgage financing. Our main goal is not only to satisfy customers, but to create raving fans. The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is an index that measures the willingness of customers to refer a company's services to others, and our NPS is 80 out of 100. Compass is Home to a Better Mortgage Experience, but we are also committed to an excellent employee experience. Core values are what define our company culture. We believe that Infinite Worth, Integrity, and Excellence should drive every decision we make, and we hope to attract team members that share in our commitment to those values. Learn more about us at www.compmort.com
The Underwriter is responsible for adhering to company policies and investor guidelines to ensure the closing of quality loans by assessing loan data for accuracy and guideline compliance while assessing the risk to the company. We expect our underwriters to be able to calculate self-employment income and require DE and SAR/LAPP Certifications.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of loan data compared with the documentation provided
- Adhere to company policies and investor guidelines
- Review files for compliance
- Mitigate risk to the company by ensuring the closing of quality loans
- Update and check government web pages
- DE and SAR/LAPP required
- Experience with USDA, Jumbo and Bond Programs preferred
- 3+ years of underwriting experience
- Adaptable problem-solver
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.