Activity Aide- Part-time AM Opening!
HDG Centralized RecruitingPart time Full day
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened in February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out programs, classes and groups as assigned.
• Assemble all needed supplies and equipment.
• Clean up area after completion of program.
• Supervise and assist members in their daily scheduled activities.
• Chart attendance and refusals as necessary.
• Invite, encourage and help transport members to activities.
• Participate in scheduled planning meetings under the guidance and direction of the Activity and Volunteer Director by review of minutes of meeting and/or attendance to meeting.
• Visit with members on a 1:1 basis as directed by the Activity and Volunteer Director for the purposes of providing:
- friendly visitor; and/or
- sensory stimulation; and/or
- reality orientation; and/or
- individual instruction on specific leisure pursuits; and/or
- a means of meeting individual needs as outlined in each member’s plan of care and document the nature of the visit and outcome.
• Ensure that group/individualized activities are scheduled at a time that would provide maximum involvement by interested members. This will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Deliver mail to members as necessary; read mail if requested by member/responsible party.
• Plan and participate in member outings.
• Help plan monthly program schedule and evaluate effectiveness of the programs; make recommendations to the Activity and Volunteer Director.
• Ensure current, timely placement of events on proper bulletin boards.
• Report any changes in member behavior, physical status, safety hazards and/or procedural difficulties to the Activity and Volunteer Director, in his/her absence to appropriate team member.
• Assist with the development and display of thematic/holiday decorations throughout their assigned areas including but not limited to member dining areas, activity rooms, living rooms, member rooms, nurse’s stations.
• Assist the facility decorator in decorating for Christmas. In his/her absence will decorate the facility.
• Assist in maintaining current organizational systems or special needs lists (i.e. religion, birthdays, histories, dietary restrictions).
• Assist with care and treatment of all facility pets/aviary/aquariums located in assigned areas.
• Assist in recruiting outside groups to entertain in the facility.
• Assist in developing and maintaining an active volunteer program which involves screening, training and supervision of volunteers.
• Maintain a friendly, respectful, helpful attitude toward members, their families, staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Maintain confidentiality of all member information.
• Attend and participate at staff meetings, care plan meetings, in-service training, programs and other meeting as assigned.
• Will fill in and/or assist for the Activity and Volunteer Director by completing paperwork such as activity assessments, Care planning, completing MDS, CAAS, etc. as needed.
• Assist in maintaining and sanitizing equipment and supplies in a neat and safe manner.
• Assist members with emails & internet access.
• Perform other related duties as assigned and consistent with level of preparation, experience and specific unit.
• Will assist the nursing department in feeding at meals as needed, only if CNA certified.
• Ability to work other hours as needed or required for Member care.
• Follow safety guidelines and trainings to prevent work injuries.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires normal hearing and sight on a continuous basis.
• Must possess sufficient physical stamina to allow for lifting, pushing, and pulling of members or other objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Performs work in a customary office and member care environment where there is occasional exposure to biohazards and noise and rare exposure to toxic chemicals.
• Ability to withstand odors associated with member's care.
• Ability to verbally communicate with the members and members families, and to exercise tact in dealing with problems concerning members care.
• Performs repetitive motions including bending, twisting, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time without a significant rest period.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work with disorientated, confused or otherwise handicapped members.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships.
• Ability to read, speak and understand English.
• Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with members, families, community members, volunteers and facility staff.
• Ability to organize time and establish priorities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School graduate or its equivalent.
• Experience or training in a health care facility or related fields such as recreation, crafts, clubs, volunteering, church or scout work.
• Music performance ability/background preferred.
• Holds a valid WI Driver’s License and pass DOT physical and able to drive facility vehicle.
• Must have computer skills.
• Ability to direct, encourage and motivate members to participate in meaningful activities.
• Possess special interest in, and positive attitude about, working with short-term and long-term care members.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im Interested" link to apply.