Real Estate Analyst
VOYAFull time Full day
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM's capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.
Voya IM's award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.
The Real Estate Analyst position will work on loan servicing, surveillance and asset management duties. Your primary responsibilities include processing borrower requests, operating statement and rent roll analysis, property inspection reviews, and working directly with borrowers, borrowers' agents or representatives, Voya correspondents, loan participants and legal counsel in reviewing and/or approving borrower requests. The optimal candidate is detail oriented, highly-organized, able to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, demonstrate clear communication skills, and be motivated to learn.
- Assist with loan servicing and asset management throughout the loan term, including borrower requests, property financial statement and rent roll analysis, loan monitoring and/or set-up, prepayment premium calculations, and property inspections.
- Ensure that all borrower requests (i.e. future funding draws, reserve releases, cash management, transfers of ownership, lease reviews, SNDA's, easements, partial releases, management changes, etc.) are reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that operating statements and rent rolls are obtained, analyzed and accurately entered into Voya's mortgage loan system.
- Review and approve property inspections completed by third-party service providers.
- Assess, monitor and report property deferred maintenance issues or loan watch lists.
- Assist with evaluation and reporting of asset performance for Voya's highly structured real estate loans.
- Assist in the review and analysis of various loan documents and drafting conditional side letters.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting and audits.
- Interact with borrowers, clients and third party consultants including servicers, brokers and inspection firms.
- Promote a positive attitude and working environment among fellow employees.
- Follow company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop efficient working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by department management
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms
- Experience in analyzing financial statements and conducting company and industry-level fundamental due diligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team oriented with strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of financial statement analysis, cash flows and CRE debt and valuation concepts
- Experience reading and interpreting complex loan documents.
- Knowledge of real estate systems and third party market platforms (i.e. Rockport, CoStar, REIS, Real Capital Analytics, Strategy etc.)
- Knowledge of CRE Finance Council Investor Reporting Package is a plus
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.