Iora HealthFull time Full day
- This job is Full-time, Monday-Friday 8-5pm*
Reporting to the Clinical Team Manager, the Phlebotomist serves as a key member of the Iora Health team and plays a critical role in the flow of the practice. Duties specific to this position include greeting and welcoming patients, answering phones, managing the flow of medical records and other important, confidential documentation. Given the high-tech nature of the practice, this position will also be the go-to for technological questions and troubleshooting. The Phlebotomist provides support to the team doing whatever is needed to contribute to the success of the team and ensuring that patients are treated in a courteous, respectful manner.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drawing blood from patients and assisting in Laboratory procedures
- Welcoming patients to the practice, communicating their arrival to the team, and managing patient visit expectations
- Receiving incoming calls/messages and appropriately addressing or triaging phone requests including requests for appointments, form completion, and medication refills
- Initiating outbound administrative requests, by phone and in writing, such as medical record requests and specialty appointment booking
- Sorting and triaging of incoming mail and faxes, including scanning and appropriate e-filing
- Providing information and office tours for patients interested in joining the practice
- Assisting the Clinical Team Manager with the management of office and medical supplies, as needed
- Experience in a service business required
- Formal Phlebotomy training and experience
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Tech savviness and familiarity with Apple a plus but not required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person and by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills and must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Supporting the Patient Enrollment team by asking patients if they want to refer friends and family to Iora
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment and willing to learn new skills
About Iora Health
Iora Health is restoring humanity to healthcare by building a different kind of health system focused on delivering high-impact relationship-based care. Iora has a network of primary care practices where we take the time to really know each of our patients as true individuals, and proactively provide the unique combination of care, support, and inspiration they need to live their best life.
The Iora Health (www.iorahealth.com) model of health care changes everything – payment, staffing, processes, IT systems, and culture. We have no status quo to defend, no arcane rules we must follow. We are a fast-paced, fresh-thinking, high-growth company building a better model of health care delivery.
Iora Health patients enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, non-office based encounters (e.g. phone, video chat, email, walking groups, etc.), an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings. Iora Health practices offer smaller panel sizes, closer relationships between patients and care teams, no billing or coding, and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery while working with a true team.