2019-20 IT iVisions Engineer - Information Technology
Paradise Valley Unified School DistrictFull time Full day
IT iVisions Engineer
SALARY RANGE: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00
START DATE: JANUARY 6, 2020
The job of IT iVisions Engineer is done for the purpose(s) of implementing, supporting, and continuously administering network, hardware, software and data necessary for the district's fiscal and human resources system, currently iVisions.
This job reports to the Director of Information Technology or Designee.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate information technology practices of confidentiality, integrity and availability of iVisions in regards; network, system, application, and data.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support of iVisions proper, all subsystems, and ancillary components.
- Administers system accounts for the purpose of regulating defined roles and access permissions to system and subsystems, including ancillary components (e.g., self-service portals).
- Assists with transitions from legacy software applications, which might involve automation scripting, some customization, data analysis, querying, troubleshooting, and process improvements.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains processes which import/export data and/or reports between software applications/formats, including the use of tools such as GSuite, MS Office, Crystal Reports, Aqua Data Studio, SQL Connectors, Google Data Studio, etc..
- Primary IT contact for iVisions support to departments, specifically those of Human Resources and Business Services, all vendors, contractors, schools and staff within the IT department.
- Updates and maintains web page links and messaging components using standard scripting languages.
- Interacts with any and all district stakeholders for the purpose of providing excellent customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: preparing and maintaining accurate records, classifying data and/or information, and using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry, read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions, and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: current generation office software, codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, often gather, collate, and/or classify data, and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals, work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes, and to utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines, and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, communicating with persons with diverse technical knowledge and skills, maintaining confidentiality, working with frequent interruptions, work in flexible shifts, including but not limited to evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, accuracy and attention to detail, meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Working under limited supervision
- Following standardized practices and/or methods
- Leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others
- Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions.
- There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 20% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Job related experience with
increasing levels of responsibility is required. Two years of experience with iVisions preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or other Business related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
Two years business analysis experience (5 or more years preferred) where critical thinking was applied to business processes to improve the organization preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Certificates and Licenses
Driver's License & Evidence of Insurability
Criminal Background Clearance
Primary Location: Information Technology
Shift Type: 1.0 FTE