Pediatric Clinical Social Worker (LCSW Preferred) - Navarre, Pensacola, Destin, Crestview, or Freeport, FL
WellcareFull time Full day
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.
- This is a remote and field-based role providing case management services in the following Florida counties: Santa Rosa, Escambria, Okaloosa, and Walton. **Focus on the counties in bold.
- Considering clinical social workers with pediatric population experience who reside in the four counties mentioned above.
- Completing on average ten in home/field visits required per week.
- Paperless role, strong computer skills needed for success.
Coordinates the socio economic needs and service of selected member populations across the continuum of illness. Interviews, coordinates and plans activities and behavioral routines to meet the social and medical needs of members and their families. May manages members with severe mental illness who have high rates of behavioral health utilization and/or severe psychosocial vulnerability. Provides support and/or intervention and assists members in understanding the implications and complexities of their current medical situation and/or overall personal care. May assumes a behavioral health leadership role within the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. Works with the Case Management to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate services and outcomes to maximize the health of the Member.
Reports to: Supervisor, Field Care Management
Department: PHS-FL -- Children's Medical Services (CMS)
Location: Pensacola, FL 32503
Type: Exempt - Salary
- Participates in and supports developed care plans for members with high level acuity needs utilizing social service expertise to evaluate the members need for alternative services and third party needs.
- Outreaches to members telephonically and/or in-person and coordinates member's case management services.
- Interacts continuously with members, family, physician(s), and other resources to determine appropriate behavioral action needed to address/support medical needs. Reviews benefits options, researches community resources, coordinates services, trains/creates behavioral routines and enables members to be active participants in their own healthcare.
- Provides telephone follow-up to ensure members have seen their PCP and are completing their treatment plan or preventive care services a defined by the PCP or guidelines.
- Coordinates community resources with emphasis on the development of natural support system. Coordinates benefits, regulations, laws and public entitlement programs.
- Acts as a liaison and member advocate between the member/family, physician and facilities/agencies.
- Assists in obtaining benefits for members through community resources when benefits are exhausted or not available.
- May manage members with severe mental illness who have high rates of behavioral health utilization and/or severe psychosocial vulnerability. Acts as team SME in order to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Required 2 years of experience in relevant social work and/or health care experience with client care coordination responsibilities (preferably in long-term care)
- Preferred Other Experience in a managed care environment
- Required Other Associates supporting Florida's Children’s Medical Services (CMS) must have a minimum of one (1) year of related professional experience
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Advanced Other Advanced ability to communicate on any level required to meet the demands of the position
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Required Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Required Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Required Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Required Other PsyD
- Required Other For Florida Children's Medical Services only. MSW with a minimum of one year of related professional pediatric care experience. Or If a candidate was employed by DOH CMS Plan during calendar year 2018 as a social worker.
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Other Knowledge of or the ability to learn company approved software such as EMMA, CRMS, Peradigm, InterQual, Sidewinder and other software in order to perform job duties.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.