Associate Director/Medical Director, Late Stage Clinical Development - Multiple Sclerosis
BiogenFull time Full day
The position of Medical Director (or Associate Medical Director), Clinical Development will focus on MS-related activities in the MS Development Unit (DU). The candidate will have demonstrated an ability to function successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as to and execute independent projects as well as needed. Activities include direct responsibility for advancing clinical development assets (phase 1 to phase 3 stage) and/or multiple high priority label-enabling clinical programs through clinical study design and execution as well as interpretation and communication of the study data. The individual who assumes this position will interact with multiple levels of management within Biogen, external stakeholders in the medical community as well as with global regulatory authorities.
The Medical Director has the following responsibilities:
· Provide medical and strategic leadership for multiple programs that integrate the individual’s extensive knowledge in basic and clinical science, neurology, and input from the medical community around the world.
· Integrate the scientific rationale, regulatory requirements, product development plan, and commercial goals to build a solid strategic framework for the Clinical Development Plan (CDP).
· Establish appropriately aggressive clinical development timelines, incorporating key decision points and Go/No Go criteria for the CDP.
· Gain approval from internal governance and advisory committees for CDP and study protocols.
· Represent Clinical Development on the cross-functional Product Development and Commercialization (PDC) Team and develop and maintain effective relationships with program counterparts in Commercial, Research, Regulatory, Clinical Operations and Statistics.
· Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives, specific Business Development activities and various organizational initiatives in Clinical Development.
· As appropriate, may serve as R&D Project Leader (RDPL) for specific projects
Biogen is excited to add depth to their Clinical Development team. The ideal candidate will have the following mix of professional and personal characteristics:
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in clinical research with a proven record of achievement for the Medical Director position. Industry experience is strongly preferred although candidates with clinical research experience on independent research projects in other settings will be considered as Associate Medical Director.
· Demonstrated leadership and team building skills as well as the ability to perform effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and excellent organizational skills.
· Capacity and willingness to work effectively across disease areas.
· The ability to lead directly and by influence, including strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and analytical skills.
Education: MD or PhD degree required; sub-specialty training in Neurology or Immunology is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.