Product Marketing Manager - eCommerce
SquareFull time Full day
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy discussions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products and to guide growth and usage of the various products within the overall portfolio. We are looking for creative, data-driven marketers to join Square.
Square's eCommerce team has seen extraordinary growth as more and more businesses rely on online channels to scale and operate. As a Sr. PMM for the Square eCommerce team, you will focus on the core Square Online product (formally Square Online Store), you'll play a critical role in executing growth and marketing strategies to help increase seller processing revenue online and overall feature adoption. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging. You will report to the PMM Lead for the E-Commerce team.
- Advise product management on seller insights to improve product roadmap for Square Online's growth and buyer experience features for restaurants, retail and the overall platform.
- Lead the ongoing GTM and marketing strategy for Square Online's growth and buyer experience features (e.g. site design, domains, 3rd party integrations, product photography, etc.) Partner with SEO and content marketing to develop content for existing sellers and prospects around Square Online's branding and buyer experience features
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to drive product growth and retention
- Inform pricing and packaging strategy for new features. Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and feedback from account management, sales and customer success teams.
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns for Square Online
- Track marketing program performance through continuous testing
- Review offerings and drive ongoing differentiation
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA a plus
- 6-8+ years experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar GTM
- Background in B2B2C with experience delivering growth in SMB tech
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.