Regional Manager, Customer Success (West Coast)
OktaFull time Full day
The Regional Manager of Customer Success will be responsible for running and leading one of Okta's teams of Customer Success Managers who are tasked with providing a high level of service, establishing and maintaining executive relationships with Okta's customers, and ensuring Okta continues to deliver value to customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success through CSMs who provide oversight, adoption recommendations, find opportunities for greater service and mitigate risk. The success of this role means higher customer happiness, retention and expansion of Okta's business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You lead a team of Okta's Customer Success Managers who field requests from Customers, Sales, and Support to assist customers
- Manage some of the top customers in your territory with direct hands on customer responsibilities
- You'll actively engage customers we figure out need help based on our analytics, ensure our top accounts are monitored closely, and facilitate executive engagement
- We work closely with Sales and Renewals leadership to ensure prospect customers and existing customers are getting value from Okta and renew as well as working with Okta's Big Data team to develop, review, and act upon metrics critical to reaching Okta's objectives
- Effectively lead and participate in customer critical issues to ensure successful resolution
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 7+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise supporting on both classic and modern web stacks
- Experience supporting REST APIs
- Real passion for solving issues and advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.
- You learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in variety of forms(written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- You work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Strong Analytical thinking, Attention to detail, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Partnership, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Supervisory Responsibility, and Problem Solving skillsets
- Exhibits confidence and an deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- 2+ years of supervisory management, customer success, and experience in a SaaS organization
- Broad knowledge and a deep understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) and the Security industry
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on‐premise IT landscape
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting‐edge infrastructures
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred
- 2+ years of application programming and system support experience is strongly preferred
- Agreeable and willing to be a hands‐on contributor
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management
- You've lead or showcase Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence
- Experience working with SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 8,950 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta's privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.