DecypherFull time Full day
Decypher is seeking Network Administrator candidates to support the United States Navy in the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) at Dahlgren, VA, San Diego, CA, and Dam Neck, VA. Candidates will provide computer and network operation and maintenance, hardware installations, software installations, reconfigurations, diagnostic testing, systems analysis, troubleshooting and repair of the specified IT networking resources. Candidates will establish and maintains network performance by building network configurations and connections; troubleshoot problems, install, configure, test, operate, maintain and manage networks and their firewalls, including hardware (e.g., hubs bridges, switches, multiplexers, routers cables, proxy servers, and protective distribution systems) and software that permits the sharing and transmission of all spectrum transmissions. Candidates will implement, and operate network service and systems to include hardware and virtual environments to support to CSCS, installation, operations, maintenance, disaster recovery and administration of stand-alone workstations and server systems, networked workstations and server systems, and LANs. Systems/Networks supported may include the U.S. and International Program training networks and stand-alone non-Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) assets. Active Secret clearance and IAT Level II certification required.
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements, designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems and escalating problems to vendor.
- Maximize network performance my monitoring performance; troubleshoot network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request; exploring opportunities to add value for job accomplishments.
- Provide phone/email helpdesk support for the CSCS domain and utilize the organization incident tracking and solution database.
- Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers/workstations/peripherals.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software to include but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Redhat Linux and Solaris.
- Diagnose faulty system/server hardware.
- Perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware.
- Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Diagnose network connectivity problems.
- Implement and enforce local network usage policies and procedures.
- Implement new systems design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies.
- Manage accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipment.
- Comply with organization systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Implement group policies and access control list to ensure compatibility with organizational stands, business rules, and needs
- Assist in the execution of disaster recovery and continuity of operations plans.
- Fabricate, install and relocate network cables for all networks in the CSCS domain.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- US Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Server 2016 OS/CE, UNIX/Red Hat LINUX and Solaris course completion
- IAT Level II
- Five (5) years experience in managing sophisticated computer networks. Of the five (5) years,
three (3) years experience in network architecture and deployment.
- Must have experience working and completing IT projects, intermediate knowledge designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining networks and their associated components (switches, routers, firewalls, proxy servers etc.) Must demonstrate experience troubleshooting networks, network hardware and software, configuration management, optimizing network performance, monitoring network security, analyzing system logs, documenting network architecture and design.
- Must have experience designing and implementing network tunnels, diagnosing and repairing connectivity issues, performing vulnerability scanning and installing security patches, and monitoring and measuring the performance of networks and their components.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.