Strategic Response Analyst II
We are the Twitter Service team, dedicated to delivering customer service through meaningful connections and enforcing policies to promote healthy exchanges in the public conversation. Whether we're optimizing support operations, guarding the health of the service through scaled enforcement, driving content and support channel strategies, or localizing the product for our global audience, we're with our customers every step of the way
As a Strategic Response Analyst you will be expected to provide capabilities and strategic oversight of planning and implementing online response to major business threats such as shooting, election support, natural disasters, riots, etc. You will represent Global Escalations Crisis Management across the business in strategic cross-functional initiatives, and influence thinking and decision-making in these forums. You are a thought leader and a mentor to others on your team. You will act with speed, accuracy, and foresight by engaging different cross functional teams to support crises in and outside the region which impact the business and online platform.
- You will be responsible for working with XFN teams in creating risk assessment studies, collaborating with creation of contingency plans and possible recovery action items, and operationalizing resources to support crisis at hand
- As you excel in this role, you may be asked to provide ongoing mentorship and coaching in both 1:1 and group environments to team members in and out region.
- Provide on-the-ground leadership coverage when GET manager is away, unavailable or need assistance with team management duties.
- You will take the lead in any BPI (Business Process Improvement) initiative which directly impacts vendor processes and will have an active coordination with vendor management team
- Take part in the global Global Escalations analyst on-call rotation, closing gaps in coverage where necessary. You may also act as secondary/tertiary escalation point to provide air cover to other analysts across the team when they are primary on-call.
- Represent the Global Escalations org in cross-functional retros in response to high profile escalations or incidents. Ensure learnings and feedback are communicated in these forums, and that improvements are passed back down to the User Ops team.
- Work on crisis management documentation to streamline operational processes, identify gaps, and propose mitigating plans for continuous improvement.
- You work directly with the Twitter Service global leadership team to help set, prioritize and execute on org-level OKRs, with particular focus on the vertical or specialist area that you oversee as Analyst II.
- You act as a program manager by managing several projects including but not limited to crisis management, oncall, and vendor assistance
- You can speak for and collaborate directly with the management team to help make key business decisions on unforseen and horrific events such as mass shootings, political unrest, natural calamities, accidents, etc. which take critical media presence
What does success look like?
Leadership: you are recognized as a trusted mentor and leader across the organization. While you may not necessarily manage people directly, you lead user ops analysts in your vertical through operational challenges while expertly helping them to manage their portfolio of tasks related to OKR delivery. You are an able and natural stand-in for User Ops managers, and can represent them in different forums with ease and confidence.
Domain Expertise: maintain an expert understanding of most workflows, tools and policies across the team and be recognized as a subject matter expert in several key areas. You are the expert on crisis identification, process management, and operationalization of action plans needed to support identified crisis. You should be able to apply your expertise to act as a DRI, program manager or team lead. You will be accountable for one or more work streams, and work very closely with your counterparts in the vendor partner teams to ensure success at a program level.
Data and Metrics: demonstrate an expert understanding of operational and product metrics in your domain area and can create complex reports and dashboards, from multiple data sources, to help your team track trends. You can independently translate data trends into actionable process advancements and identify areas for improvement. You use data and metrics to complement your proposals and back up your ideas. You are seen as an expert across the team and others come to you for help with their own data and metrics problems.
Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and can be trusted to speak for and represent the global user services team in most situations. You seamlessly present complex ideas and large project proposals to all levels of the business, including executives. You navigate ambiguous situations with confidence and know the right situations in which to raise a red flag to your leadership team.
Problem solving: People will come to you with hard problems that they can’t solve so that you can guide and mentor them through complex solutions. You fearlessly seek out people across the business in order to learn new things and unblock barriers to success. You research possible outcomes and proactively make recommendations to your stakeholders. You understand how to prioritize across multiple backlogs and teams and how to negotiate up and across the business for the resources you and your team need.
Team Player: You are part of an organization that relies on a lot of mutual trust and respect to get stuff done. You’ll give and take feedback well, learn from your mistakes and operate with a growth mindset.
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent required. Management or business degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- You act as a program manager by managing several project backlogs (and project contributors) that transform agent challenges, user stories and business opportunities into complex systems and processes. You can speak for and collaborate directly with the management team to help the team make key business decisions.
- You have an expert understanding of operational and product metrics in your domain area and can create complex reports and dashboards, from multiple data sources, to help your team track trends. You can independently translate data trends into actionable process advancements and identify areas for improvement. You use data and metrics to complement your proposals and back up your ideas. You are seen as an expert across the team and others come to you for help with their own data and metrics problems.
- You are trusted to speak for and represent the global user services team in most situations. You seamlessly present complex ideas and large project proposals to all levels of the business, including executives.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.