Senior Software Engineer, Financial Crimes Engineering
SquareFull time Full day
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Financial Crimes Engineering team builds full-stack custom software to find and stop money laundering, terrorist financing, human trafficking, and other illegal activity across all products on the Square platform. Our small, collaborative team has already laid the groundwork for several important services that ensure the security of our money transmission licenses, which are the cornerstone of Square's ability to do business. We are now focused on improving performance and reliability of those services. We want to transform the way teams across Square build compliant products, allowing them to easily grow into newer, riskier markets while staying compliant and operating within the bounds of the law.
- Build high-volume, highly available services that are crucial to the onboarding process
- Build full stack web applications that help our teams optimize the manual review of suspected violations
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other software engineers on your team
- Assist analytics and machine learning teams identify merchant violations that threaten our partnerships with other financial institutions and Square's money transmission licenses
- Enable international expansion by building software that allows Square to remain in compliance with international money movement and privacy regulations
- 5+ years experience developing full stack web applications
- Experience with large-scale migrations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- A desire to prevent Square's platform from being used to facilitate financial crimes
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.