Corporate Communications Associate, Global Communications
SquareFull time Full day
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Our Global Communications team is made up of tough, quick-witted, entrepreneurial, and intellectually-curious people. We communicate to the world Square's purpose of economic empowerment and our mission to empower businesses and individuals with easy-to-use, elegant tools that give them an advantage where they previously had none. Square is looking for an extraordinary communications professional to join the Corporate Communications function, which protects and advocates for Square's brand globally. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, you will work with executives and teams across Square, including finance, legal, government relations, people, and marketing. We are looking for creativity, and the ability to change course quickly and perform in high-stress situations.
- Support members of the corporate communications team on multiple proactive and reactive projects, including the most mission-critical
- Develop written materials, including reports, communications plans, statements, press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, and other supporting material
- Support media relations activities including list building and maintenance, media monitoring, and developing relationships with reporters
- Pitch corporate stories with trade, technology, and business press
- Be a spokesperson on crucial media interactions, including crisis communications and issues that might affect our business and corporate reputation
- Manage corporate announcements
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at least 3 years relevant work experience, either at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team
- An interest in business communications and media, and a passion for technology
- An analytical and curious mind
- Understanding of essential regional publications and national media outlets
- Ability to handle high priority and high pressure situations
- Excellent communications, research, and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- A belief in the mission of Square and a sense of humor
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.