Supplier Parts Quality Engineer
Mercedes BenzFull time Full day
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
On the one hand the Supplier parts quality engineer is responsible for the claim- and problem solving process of suspect parts in the production environment of MBV. That includes the utilization of quality methods and the analysis of the root cause in collaboration with the supplier. Therefore the ability to understand complex technical issues and correlation of processes is indispensable.
On the other hand the Supplier parts quality engineer is responsible for all activities regarding vehicle parts before and during the serial production and is taking care of all parts changes and their approval in timely and all quality aspects. Organizes and performs all necessary supplier audits for the assigned parts with international suppliers and ensures all maturity levels during the project and creates measures and escalations in case of deviations.
- Claim process of suspect parts in the production
- Establish intermediate containment and report the non-conformance to the supplier
- Supports long term countermeasures and prepares proper 8D report
- Use QM methods and failure analysis in even unusual circumstances, suggests variations in approaches and incomplete or conflicting data.
- Suggests all required quality-relevant activities (Evaluation requests, PPAP) during the parts quality process prior to serial production and ensures the implementation of changes to the parts.
- Prepares and performs VDA6.3 audits and VDA-RGA maturity level audits. Interacts on under general guidance with an international network of colleagues and suppliers.
- Revises supplier documents such as product and process FMEA' s, production control plans, PPAP documents and releases under general guidance and direction supplier parts.
- Supports analysis and collaborates on solutions with other departments and vendors
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings. Organizes and leads supplier meetings in case of parts issues. Initiates under general guidance and direction further escalation steps.
- Manages the impact on costs in case of parts issues under guidance.
Will perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or Technical university degree in mechanical engineering, vehicle technology, electronics or other comparable training
- 3 years of experience in the areas of Quality Management as well as in other production-related units, Development, Planning, and/or Technical Procurement
- Certificate of VDA6.3 Lead Auditor is beneficial
- Knowledge of problem solving and quality methods
- Requires conceptual thinking to understand complex issues and their implications
- Experience in the area of supplier management is desirable
- Strong data and IT processing skills
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German is beneficial
- Ability to work in teams is requested
- Empathy, people and persuasion skills
- Professional interaction as an representative of Mercedes Benz with suppliers and 3rd parties
- Requires strong multicultural awareness to appropriately deliver messages in a divers network
- Assertiveness in difficult situations, knowledge of current moderation and presentation techniques
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC ("MBV") is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.