DevOps Engineer – Data Engineering
JPMorgan Chase & Co.Full time Full day
DevOps Engineer – Data Engineering
Req #: 200011314
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a DevOps engineer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organisation in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage& transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models &APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering& Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver & support our solutions in production. Your deep knowledge of DevOps best practice, resiliency, technology controls, architecture, continuous delivery, application programming & testing will help our team meet JP Morgan's standards, controls and our client's requirements. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java, Python, or Scripting languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- 5+ years hands-on experience of scripting & software development in a modern language
- 5+ years hands-on experience of Linux and Cloud technologies
- Experience of using and developing software build scripting: Maven, Gradle or SBT
- Knowledge of software automation and tooling
- Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding and hands-on experience of cloud & container technology
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Kafka a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11.9B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.