Chief Building Engineer
Tutera Senior LivingFull time Full day
Investment Properties and Management, Inc. has been instrumental in the development, leasing, and management of retail, office, and health care facilities for over thirty years. Through its origin as a skilled general contractor and evolution into property management and hands-on experience as an operator of senior health care facilities, Investment Properties and Management, Inc. has developed an especially diverse and unique expertise needed for successful property management and development.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated and experienced individual to assume this key full-time position of Chief Building Engineer in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The Chief Building Engineer position is responsible for a wide variety of tasks for commercial property:
- this is a working hands-on Chief Engineer position;
- must have the ability to make repairs;
- must be able to work without direct supervision;
- executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs;
- defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime;
- continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance;
- supports commercial properties, and commercial property experience is required;
- responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the buildings either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings; and,
- capable of on-call responsibilities.
- engineering operations and directs vendors and subcontractors;
- monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment and filters;
- life safety equipment; other mechanical and electrical equipment; assures proper operation of equipment;
- responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis;
- oversees repair and P.M. of building systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for building systems;
- universal CFC certification is preferred but not required;
- additional experience in HVAC, electrical, roof, painting, plumbing, carpentry, grounds, snow removal and construction; and,
- responds quickly to emergency situations and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
At Investment Properties and Management, Inc., we know that our reputation for excellence is due to our exceptional employees. You deserve nothing but the best. That is why we offer:
- Excellent Starting Salary!
- Major Medical!
- Dental and Vision!
- Paid Holidays!
- Birthday Holiday!
- 401k with Matching Contributions!
- And Much More!
Is a career with Investment Properties and Management, Inc. right for you? If so, below are EASY ways to apply.
- Apply to our career site by clicking the box above. It just takes two minutes!
- Send your resume in confidence to email@example.com.