Business Development Representative
BlackbaudFull time Full day
At Blackbaud, we believe great things happen when people come together and we're passionate about helping our customers use technology to make a difference in the world! We're looking for individuals who share our values and want to help non-profits and other members of the philanthropic community get connected with Blackbaud's software solutions.
Blackbaud is the leading provider of software solutions to the global philanthropic community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
The fast track to a career in software sales begins here! This entry-level sales position provides the opportunity for unlimited growth and rapid advancement - but only if you're a highly motivated team-player who's willing to prospect potential clients while learning the ropes as a Business Development Representative (BDR). Blackbaud's cutting-edge financial management and fundraising software programs have helped thousands of nonprofit organizations all over the world exceed their goals and expand their reach. This person will have the opportunity to work with inspiring philanthropic organizations such as the UNHCR Canada, Fanshawe College Foundation, Montreal General Hospital Foundation and Mulgrave School. Thousands more can benefit - we just need to show them how. That's where you come in.
What you'll be doing:
Your job as a BDR is to get the sales process moving by making a great first impression over the phone and establishing a solid foundation on which a beneficial, long-term relationship can be built. After gathering as much information about potential clients as possible - including details about key decision-makers, technology needs and fundraising goals - you'll explain the features and benefits of Blackbaud's solutions. Based on the information you collect, our outside sales team will craft a customized software package for each prospect. Your day to day activity as a BDR will consist of calling into existing clients and prospects to pitch Blackbaud's solutions, campaign planning and analysis and research. BDRs who exceed their goals and approach their work with a positive, enthusiastic attitude can grow their career quickly.
What we'll want you to have:
- BS/BA degree
- A strong desire to have a career in Sales
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous telesales experience with a high outbound call volume helpful
- Previous technical or software product sales helpful
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent listening skills
- Results orientated
- Team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Highly pro-active and disciplined to manage time effectively
What we'll require of you:
- Management of 800 accounts a month
- 60-80 dials a day into your account list
- Achievement of monthly lead quota
- Data Health Management
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.