Administrative Assistant for Indigo Road King Street Restaurants (O-Ku, Macintosh, Cocktail Club and Indaco)
The Indigo RoadFull time Full day
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
Administrative Assistants are the saving grace of our restaurants; being extremely organized and an effective communicator will allow the rest of the crew to get their jobs done well. Handling everything from payroll support to scheduling reservations and larger parties, you don't miss a beat!
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently answer and direct phone calls, responding to all guest inquiries within 24 hours.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of office supplies as needed.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Maintain Restaurant online presence, including main website and all social media accounts.
- Maintain restaurant contact lists and communicate changes to Home Office.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of weekly and monthly budgets.
- Input invoices daily to keep the kitchen informed of their budget.
- Alphabetize all coded invoices.
- Check alcohol vendor invoices upon arrival to ensure accuracy in delivery.
- Provide assistance to servers, hosts and expos updating menus to ensure accuracy, along with general housekeeping.
- Maintain Aloha system accuracy by updating price changes and menu updates.
- Provide administrative support to General Manager & Executive Chef; this may include preparing paperwork (forms, reports and schedules) or proofing paperwork.
- Assist shift leaders, General Manager, and Executive Chef by anticipating needs and supplies for day to day operations.
- Collect new hire information for the Indigo Road Home Office and add new hires to Aloha system.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and/or 1+ year of restaurant/banquet/event experience.
- Fast learner who can understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to sit up to 8 hours a day.
- Moderate standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral and written communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Constant computer/POS Register usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the store
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.