Housing Management Assistant
Department of DefenseFull time Full day
You will serve as a Housing Management Assistant in the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY.
Learn more about this agency
- Duties and responsibilities vary and increase according to grade level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
1173 Housing Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You may be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You may be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases
- You may be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. Those selected for a supervisory position will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- Position selected for may or may not be under a bargaining unit.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
GS-07: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-06) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector 1) Ensuring proper customer service and compliance with appropriate mandates of the Housing Program; 2) Receiving and processing complaints and related investigations concerning residents; 3) Processing requests for permanent and temporary quarters; 4) Scheduling and coordinating the maintenance and repair of housing units and conducting follow-up inspections to verify that discrepancies are corrected.
GS-06:Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-05) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing the following duties: 1) Providing guidance and assistance on housing regulations and procedures; 2) Assisting applicants and their families with housing needs; 3) Providing customer service to personnel to resolve housing discrepancies.
GS-05: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-04) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector 1) Process and review customer's applications for accuracy and completeness; 2) Schedule, coordinate, and monitor activities related to the operation; and 3) Mediate and resolve a variety of minor operation problems.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-CLER.
FOR THE GS-05 (or equivalent pay band): Your resume must demonstrate that you have successfully completed a four year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
NOTE: Education and experience may be combined for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Applications will be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. If you expect to complete your education within 9 months, please respond to the questionnaire items as if you had already completed your education. We are required to verify that the education has been completed successfully before any applicant can be appointed (report to work).