Warehouse General Labor Pallet Sorter
Propak Inc.Full time Full day
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and energetic individuals to work for a wood pallet logistics site. The positions available under General Production Laborer are Pallet Sorter (manual), Box Sorter, RPC Sorter, and Material Handler. The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 75 pounds or more frequently (if working with Pallets) or 35 pounds frequently (if working with Boxes or RPCs). This position does require the ability to do repetitive work.
- Pallet Sorter $10.00 an hour.
- RPC Sorter Position pay piece rate at: $2.35 per pallet
- Box Sorter Position pay piece rate at: $14.00 a box
- 1st Shift: 5:00 am to 1:30 pm (Monday thru Friday)
- Short term disability insurance
- Lift Insurance
- Other complimentary insurance
- All health benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60 days of the date of hire.
- PayActiv - Access 50% of your earned wages prior to your pay date.
- Kazoo Program - Incentive program (get points for doing a great job and redeem Cash (direct deposit on check), gift cards, Company Swag, & more)
- PTO (Pay Time Off) starts accruing on Day 1
- Wellness Visits are covered at 100%
- Scholarship fund
- Service awards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Ability to sort pallets, RPCs, boxes or other material by hand in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintaining a clean work environment-sweeping debris around warehouse and dock areas.
- Ensure that criteria are met while sorting pallets, boxes, RPCs or other material.
- Inspect items while sorting to ensure criteria is met and maintain an established rate per man hour.
- Ability to sort items by vendor and process at an established rate per hour.
- Ensure compliance and follow all safety and Propak policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet the company needs and business requirements.
- Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
- The ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards.
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment
- Must have the ability to show up to work on your scheduled days. Attendance at work is an essential function of this job. Our customers' needs Propak employees to be reliable and meet our weekly goals and numbers.
- Must be open to learning new skills. If you do not have prior experience, we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.