Co-op: Process Chemistry & APS
BiogenFull time Full day
This is for a 6-month full-time co-op from July to December 2020.
This position with the Antisense Oligonucleotide Group (ASO) provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a process development environment relevant to the manufacturing of therapeutics oligonucleotides. The projects aim to develop an alternative platform for the synthesis of oligonucleotides by utilizing techniques closer to peptide manufacturing. The goal is to explore the feasibility of large-scale batch manufacturing, which is a limitation in the current oligo manufacturing process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design and execute organic chemistry reactions for the synthesis oligonucleotides
- Hands-on laboratory work with oligonucleotide synthesis reagents and solvents
- Perform analysis (HPLC, MS, UV) and interpret results
- Communicate results, write reports and make oral presentations
- Work safely in the laboratory
The ideal candidate will have had prior experience in an industrial or academic chemistry laboratory.
To participate in the Biogen Co-op/Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies by scheduled start date
- Completed at least 2 courses of Organic Chemistry
- Hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Undergraduate student completed at least two years of program
- Desired majors include: Chemistry, Chemical engineering,
Relocation is not offered for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.