CLS Assistant, Part Time, Day Shift
Adventist Health NWFull time Full day
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a CLS Assistant who:
Assists medical technologists in the preparation and analysis of physical specimens. Operates lab equipment to prepare, examine, and test various samples. Performs the initial culturing of specimens in accordance with established procedures and written orders from physicians. Is responsible for a variety of technical tasks in the laboratory. Performs other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Prepares biological specimens to send. Performs clinical laboratory phlebotomy duties including heel sticks, finger sticks, venipuncture in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Answers the telephone, processes specimens for testing and send outs to referral laboratories. Sets-up microbiology specimens for culture and prepares gram stain slides.
- Assesses status of test orders and accurately communicates that status to laboratory employees, nursing, or physicians. Assists the Clinical Laboratory Scientist by placing and running specimens on complex automated analyzers.
- Collects and evaluates data related to specimen collection and processing times. Records and labels specimen information for identification. Delivers specimens to laboratory.
- Assures that all necessary supplies and equipment in the department are adequate to perform the daily functions. Performs responsibilities within the guidelines of Laboratory Services, Hospital Policy, and Federal and State regulatory and accrediting requirements.
- Maintains technical knowledge in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Required
- in CA; Preferred in HI and ORAssociate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- One years clinical laboratory experience: Preferred
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) license or equivalent: Required
- in CA: Preferred