Town and Country MarketsFull time Full day
WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service minded individuals to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program.
Whoa! That's a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace. All final applicants for employment with T&C will be required to successfully pass a drug screening before they are eligible for employment. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
A TYPICAL DAY AS A PERSONAL SHOPPER WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Manages customer grocery orders (via iPad) and keeps complete records of orders
- Pulls various grocery, perishable, frozen or deli items based on customer order(s)
- Ensures orders are accurate
- Communicates with customers as needed relating to order(s)
- Bags and stages items correctly for pick-up by customer to T&C standards
- Delivers order(s) to customers as they are picked up
- Operates iPad so that proper order is picked up and inventory is managed accurately
- Maintains department in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Provides excellent customer service
- Stays current with industry trends, standards and changes
- Stays current with all training including online training and professional development opportunities
- Supports and follows all company and department policies and sustainability programs
- Supports and follows all safety and security policies
- Demonstrates attitude of service to co-workers and customers
- Operates within the Company's Core Values, Company Brand and Business Principles
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess an attitude of service to others
- Demonstrates self-discipline and accountability
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented
- Must be a team player, a leader, and a positive role model
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and trust with a diverse group of staff, customers, and vendors
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to take direction and carry out department tasks and assignments
- Displays excellent work ethic
- Flexibility to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time
- Possess full body mobility (bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching) and have excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a temperature-controlled freezer/cooler
- Exemplifies health department standards
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- 18 years or older
Entry Level Compensation
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.