Healthcare Data Analyst (Junior Level) - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group Inc.Full time Full day
This is a unique opportunity to join a team at the vanguard of applied healthcare analytics. This role is for someone passionate about using analytics to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of the health care system.
Optum Analytics, a leading healthcare technology and analytics company, manages one of the largest repositories of healthcare data in the nation. On behalf of hospitals and provider groups, we have teams that combine, cleanse and standardize complex and diverse data assets, including medical claims and clinical/EMR sources. That work creates an unparalleled environment in which you, as part of our Healthcare Methodology team, can develop advanced analytics and enable new methodologies and enrichments.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific, technical or analytics oriented field OR a degree in health studies with a strong emphasis in analytic methods
- 1 year's work (or equivalent academic) experience in data analysis using tools like SQL / Spark SQL
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in manipulating, analyzing, describing and enriching data assets
- Minimum of 1 years of experience identifying and documenting data anomalies and to collaborate with cross-functional teams for effective resolution
- Master's degree in fields described above
- Strong preference for experience in Healthcare-focused analytics
- Technical experience: Scala, Git (or similar source versioning system), JIRA (or similar ticketing systems), R or other statistical packages, Hadoop, Atlassian suite products
- Content knowledge: Population health metrics, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) reporting requirements, other clinical guidelines and measures
- Data experience: payer claims and member eligibility data, EMR/clinical data
- Exceptional academic record
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to rapidly learn new content and skills
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, with careful attention to work processes
- Analytical, intellectually curious and a problem solver that is able to effectively communicate the problem and its solution to others
- Strong written communication
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SQL, Data, Analytics, Health Informatics, telecommute
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.