Clinic Veterinarian (20678)
Michigan Humane SocietyFull time Full day
Are you looking for an opportunity to blend your passion for animals, outstanding medical care and a sense of community? Our veterinarians provide exceptional veterinary medical care to our clients, while making a difference for the animals and families within our communities. Our clinics offer full-service veterinary care using state of the art equipment, including ultrasound, high speed dental, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray and cautery We provide opportunities to build or expand expertise through a generous CE program, mentorship and exposure to both complex and specialized care. We're looking for a competent, dedicated and compassionate individual to join our medical team, with opportunities in Detroit, Westland and Rochester Hills. Both experienced DVMs and new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Provide outstanding medical care, including, but not limited to, routine examinations, vaccinations, emergency triage and stabilitations, dental cleanings and extractions and necessary diagnostics.
- Administer and accurately monitor controlled substances
- Maintain and complete patient records
- Serve as mentor to technical support staff
- Build and establish rapport with client base, demonstrating exceptional customer service and communication
- Promote and support MHS programs and overall mission
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Michigan, including Michigan Veterinary License, Michigan Veterinary Controlled Substance License, DEA License and Accreditation in the State of Michigan
- Strong proficiency in medical knowledge and surgical skills
- Exemplary professionalism and communication skills
- Strong decision making and time-management skills
- Commitment to ongoing development and growth
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.