Leadman Aggregates - Sand Mine
Cemex USAFull time Full day
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Leadman will provide leadership and direction to hourly employees engaged in the daily maintenance activities.
- Ensure a Safe working environment
- Ensure plant maintenance, quality control, and maintenance performed by crews and/or contractors
- Lead work teams through example and motivation, instruction, coaching, and otherwise oversee employee work performance
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, plant rules, environmental and safety procedures, and laws
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure completion of work orders, preventive maintenance, and proactive identification of equipment reliability issues
- Coordinate with production management regarding maintenance
- Ensure all shop personnel are following CEMEX safety policies and procedures
- Prioritize and assign work to mechanics
- Initiate breakdown investigations
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of work performed by mechanics
- Assist in recruitment, selection and training of new mechanics
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of SAP applications
- Ability to lead a crew of mechanics safely within time and budget constraints
- Ability to schedule Jobs and manpower effectively
- Responsible for completing paperwork and computer tasks associated with shop
- Ability to carry out not only simple, but also complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions and conversions of four-five digit numbers and common units of measurement in both metric and decimal systems
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and mechanical work and related instructions, including safety issues
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, welders, maintenance personnel, co-workers, and outside contractors
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and block machinery and equipment and respond accordingly
- Ability to operate standard and automatic welding machines and equipment, and powered mechanic tools. Ability to cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Ability to develop read and use mechanical, electrical, and structural sketches, blue prints and drawings in order to perform repairs, structural metal modifications and/or erecting structures
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate material and equipment necessary to perform the correct mechanical work and repair
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to train and continuously improve employee's skillsets on specific job requirements
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Requires full days and availability at any time to handle situations typical within the business
- Frequent plant and job site visits in varied weather conditions
- Overnight travel required
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona's Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.