Mechanic (Commercial Fleet Technician)
Monro Muffler/BrakeFull time Full day
Monro Commercial Solutions (MCS) is a dedicated commercial unit of Monro, Inc. that designed to help companies with their maintenance needs for their fleets of vehicles. We’re committed to empowering our people and teams to serve our Clients. By joining MCS, you are a joining a team that will inspire you to do your best and enjoy a culture that cares about your success.
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value. Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers. We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Commercial Fleet Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of tire service and repair on commercial vehicles in-house and on the road. This position also performs basic routine vehicle services and repairs on trucks and other vehicles at the tire center.
• Respond to fleet service calls in a timely manner utilizing a company vehicle
• Perform tire services/repair on a variety of wheel types – dismounting, balancing, patch/plug repairs, changing, mounting, installation and TPMS service and repair
• Inspect tires to identify tire repair and maintenance required; effectively and efficiently complete the repair in accordance with Monro standards of operation
• Perform basic routine vehicle services – perform lubrications, oil changes, basic maintenance (e.g.: bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements, etc.), battery testing and installations
• Maintain standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of tire center
• Receive, unload and stock tires and related products
• Adhere to all company and regulatory safety procedures and guidelines, including the use of protective safety equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Commercial Fleet Technician is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Store Manager
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three months of technician or tire related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and produce quality work
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and effectively as part of a team
• Ability to learn new processes
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
• Strong customer service skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a Commercial Tire Center facility. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
Must be able to lift and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. without assistance
Ability to safely use all machinery required in the tire repair and basic service repair process
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.