Sr. Manager, Project Engineering
SPX CorporationFull time Full day
TCI seeks a hands-on lead system engineer that will actively participate in the top-level configuration of radio systems for communications, spectrum monitoring, direction finding, and signal acquisition and analysis. Provide leadership/oversight to project engineers, technicians and designers and interacts with software design team to create a finished product. This position may assist Marketing & Sales department with definition of product specifications and preparation of technical and price proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Participates in architecting and designing systems.
Creates specifications for new system designs.
Assists with directing activities of electronic RF hardware & mechanical design staff.
Defines custom modifications of products for specific customer requirements.
Liaises between Engineering, Production, and Marketing/Sales staffs.
- Participates in the development of test plans and procedures for customer acceptance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSEE, with emphasis in RF communication system design, MSEE preferred.
- 8+years experience in system design of computer-controlled radio communications systems with emphasis in equipment used in LF through SHF bands.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on role.
- Extensive knowledge of analog/RF system design from DC to 30 GHz.
- Ability to analyze and interpret system requirements and performance specifications, and determine/characterize specific hardware specifications necessary to meet them.
- Strong familiarity with electronic equipment manufacturing and test methods.
- Basic financial skills to analyze and manage product and program costs.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean or 5S principles strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct, motivate and performance manage a systems design engineering staff.
- Good technical writing and speaking skills required.
- Ability to work with Marketing and Sales staff to assist in proposal preparation and customer presentations.
- Ability to coordinate and manage activities of System Engineering, Programs, and Production departments, and liaise with Marketing, Contract, and Accounting departments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
Normal office working environment. Some travel required to interact with customers during marketing efforts as well as assist in the implementation stage of projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more than 45 years, TCI has been a market leader in the development of innovative, high-performance communications, spectrum monitoring and signals intelligence systems. TCI's diverse experience delivers proven solutions for regulatory compliance, monitoring and security, and communications intelligence applications. With advanced spectrum mapping and analytics, data recording capabilities and precision geolocation technology, TCI systems provide vital data for government and military agencies in more than 100 countries worldwide.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.