Rehabilitation Therapy Aide
Providence Health & ServicesFull time Full day
Providence is calling a Rehabilitation Therapy Aide (Rehab Therapy Admin, Day Shift, 0.25 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with patient care under supervision of professionals duly licensed or certified in their respective professions (i.e. physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists). These activities may include the activities listed under Therapy Aide I, activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, dressing, and other tasks as deemed appropriate by the supervising professional.
- Function in multiple areas within department and provides cross coverage as needed to deliver services based on training, experience and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment according to hospital maintenance and infection control standards.
- Assist clerical staff with general office procedures and maintenance of department inventory. This includes handling of patient charges and checking them for accuracy, researching and ordering of non stock equipment and supplies, maintenance of patient education files, maintenance of clinic files.
- Prioritize multiple demands in a cost-effective manner. Seek assistance in prioritization of tasks as appropriate. Demonstrate competency and knowledge of specific department equipment.
- Complete initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification in Alaska
- 1 or more years experience or volunteer work in rehabilitation setting
About Providence Alaska Medical Center:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.