IT Systems Technician
Northrim BanCorp, Inc.Full time Full day
At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska's premier bank and employer of choice! We are looking for professional and knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in providing value for our customers and communities.
Summary of Job Functions:
This position's primary function is to implement, test, administer, and maintain enterprise technology solutions and architecture including, but not limited to: client-computing devices, printing and digital imagery devices, the Bank-wide hardware asset inventory, backup and replication infrastructure, enterprise-wide software updates, disaster recovery and business resumption procedures, and other systems. Additionally, this position provides staffing redundancy for the Systems Administrator position and is therefore responsible for implementing, testing, administering, and maintaining: Bank specific server and client software, and the Bank-wide software asset inventory. This position will provide the first level of technical support for Bank employees and therefore requires a high level of analytical problem solving skills to diagnose and resolve often complex technology issues in addition to solid communication skills. This position will provide end-user training to our customers. This position requires general supervisory direction in accordance with assigned instructions. This position reports directly to the Systems & Network Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
Configure, deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain client-computing devices.
- Manage the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) hardware inventory.
- Install, configure, and support printers and digital imagery devices.
- Provide fault isolation for client-computing, network, and server outages.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business resumption plans are cumulative, current, and feasible. Periodically validate, and document the testing of contingency plans.
- Serve as a primary backup to the Systems Administrator position by:
- Installing, administering, supporting, and maintaining Bank specific server and client software.
- Assisting with performing system updates and new hardware installation.
- Managing the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) software inventory.
Associate's degree in a Computer Science related field from an accredited institution of higher learning. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator certification desired. Education can be substituted with two years commensurate experience implementing and supporting enterprise information technology infrastructure.
Minimum of two years implementing and supporting enterprise information technology infrastructure.
High levels of analytical problem-solving and organizational skills are a must for this position.
Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be capable of resolving frequent customer issues and complaints.
Decision Making Skills:
This position is expected to complete work assignments with general instruction and supervisory direction.
Computer/Software/Other Equipment Skills:
Must possess a working knowledge of Windows operating systems, file permissions and inheritance, Windows group policy, roaming profiles and folder redirection, Active Directory management, client computing platforms, enterprise system deployment and management methodologies, financial industry specific applications, printer and multi-function device maintenance, office productivity and collaboration software, and other client-side applications. Must possess an understanding of virtualization infrastructure, industry standard database and messaging systems, storage systems, backup and replication technology, Linux operating systems, Cisco network infrastructure, software development and implementation, telecommunications, and enterprise security practices.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Visual, speaking and auditory abilities required.
- Sitting while viewing computer monitors for an extended period.
- Crawling under desks to install computer equipment as needed.
- Lifting computers and related equipment weighing up to 50 lbs as required.
- Typing and word processing for extended windows of time required.
- Work is performed in a general, smoke-free, office environment.
- Twenty-four hour availability for on-call and emergency response in support of critical banking systems may be required.
- Interacting with customers who are frustrated, confused, or upset will be required.
- Peak operations tempo may necessitate variable work schedule.
- Occasional travel in or out of state may be required for training or operational purposes.
- Occasional travel to attend community functions, meetings, and seminars.
- Must have a valid Alaska driver's license and an acceptable driving record; if not, must be able to provide an acceptable alternate method of transportation.
This job description may not list all of the duties of this position. Occasionally the supervisor or manager might request that other reasonable duties be performed. Review of performance is based on the performance of the duties listed in this job description and other reasonable duties as assigned. Northrim Bank reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Therefore, the employee or Northrim Bank may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason.
Grade - 15
Northrim Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Northrim Bank does not discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, marital status, changes in marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.