Karmanos Cancer HospitalFull time Full day
Position Summary: Transports patients to and from various areas of the medical center ensuring each patient reaches his/her destination quickly and safely. Under supervision, performs patient handling including the tasks of lifting, transferring and repositioning patients. Utilizes patient handling equipment that assists in lifting, transferring, and repositioning of patients in accordance with guidelines to minimize injury risks.
- Coordinates with other medical personnel to take patients from their current location to designated locations for medical tests or procedures, surgery, admission, discharge as directed.
- Helps patients in and out of bed, or using wheelchairs, stretchers and medical transport vans to get them to their destination.
- Uses appropriate patient handling equipment, transfer devices, and protective equipment in compliance with hospital policies and vendor specifications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and utilizes good body mechanics.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the team and adheres to department and hospital policies and procedures. Maintains communication and collaboration with immediate supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) months of job-related experience and/or training.
- BLS certification.
- Prior related medical experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.