Business Development Engineer
Murata Electronics North America, Inc.Full time Full day
For over 70 years, Murata Electronics has been a tireless innovator, committed to developing technologies that profoundly change the world around us. Our innovation is inside more state-of-the-art equipment than you may imagine.
Murata solutions enable global product companies to turn their visions into reality – from mobile communications to computers and networking, medical devices to power solutions, smart home technologies to automotive electronics.
Our past innovations drive today's technology, and our present innovations are shaping tomorrow's. Whatever the future holds, you can be sure it will contain Murata.
The Business Development Engineer is responsible for driving growth in emerging and strategic market spaces for Murata products. The primary focus will be the automotive market and this position has an ultimate responsibility to provide total design-in support and technical assistance for Sensor products to OEMs and Tier 1s.
Essential Job Responsibilities
New Business Development
- Creates, refines, implements and manages strategic plans to discover and develop new business opportunities for all Murata Sensor Product Portfolio Makers.
- Accomplishes this internally, in conjunction and cooperation with Product Management, Sales, and Murata Japan, as well as externally with local Sales Representatives, as necessary.
- Visits customers to achieve design-ins and total customer satisfaction, as needed and upon request.
- Visits with Murata Product Managers, Murata Japan visitors, and/or Sales Representatives, as required.
- Plans, manages, assists and/or participates in customer road shows, as required.
- Participates in industry tradeshows, as required.
- Studies and reports current market portfolio including trends, size, and maturity.
- Benchmarks Murata's position against competitors, developing strategies to increase market share.
Measures output and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Creates new, and updates, existing sales tools.
- Completes the design-in cycle process by tracking design wins to the mass production point and/or end customers.
- Works as a team with the Murata Sales organization to maximize Bill of Materials (BOM) content-capture ratio.
Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) Activities
- Participates and manages ESI activities within guidelines of Murata Japan's Research & Development groups, as needed.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Researches technical market trends by reviewing information from tradeshows, symposiums or technical conferences, industry groups, applicable technical and industry publications, market research firms, and academic or university groups or labs.
- Issues MT to provide new business opportunity information to sales groups for their initiation of SOP. In critical circumstances, if Sales Group (MENA direct, Rep) are unable to take immediate action or not supporting the account, takes the initiative to issue a SOP.
- Adds updates and information to other applicable databases, as needed.
- May create and submit technical, application-based, original articles and/or papers at technical symposiums or conferences or for publication in technical trade magazines.
- May undertake other MARCOM and Marketing Support group activities.
Promotes Innovation & Change
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong PC proficiency including Internet, Microsoft Office Suite and Operating Systems
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal skills including effective collaboration and communication skills
- Well-developed facilitation skills to work among individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Developed judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Demonstrated time management skills to accomplish short- and long-term assignments
- Customer-facing work experience
- 3+ years' industry-related experience
- Two+ years' experience supporting MEMS Sensors and other sensor products for automotive market
- Detailed knowledge of all Murata's technical and business operations
- Experience selling electrical components through various sales channels
- Knowledge of semiconductor material, process and design technologies
- Experience using CRM software (e.g., SFDC, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Project Management training or certification
- Bi-lingual Japanese verbal and written communication skills
Frequent local, domestic and infrequent international travel
Imagine the possibilities as a member of Murata's innovative global team.
Let's shape tomorrow together!
Murata offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabilities/Veterans
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.