Associate Sales Representative
Smith & NephewFull time Full day
The Associate Sales Representative is responsible for supporting the sales team within an assigned territory with installations, trouble-shooting and maintenance, demo inventory setup and customer in service. Other responsibilities may include transporting customer inventory between accounts and covering cases for sales reps within certain accounts. The position requires the ability to assimilate and learn a high level of technical information as it relates to surgery and procedures.
- Learns and maintains a high level of technical information as it relates to orthopedic trauma surgery and procedures.
- Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Trauma, Extremities and applicable Recon (Universal Products) product lines, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for these products.
- Assists with inventory moves between accounts.
- Covers Cases for reps at various selected accounts and provides moderate sales support.
- Provides technical information information to surgeons consistent with product user manuals
- Assists and trains hospital personnel in the proper use and care of product and equipment
- Completes structured product/sales training assessments
- Supports the district sales targets by supporting existing accounts as well as developing and executing a plan to develop new business opportunities
- Meets expected scoring for all classroom and on the job training assessments
- Establishes regular performance evaluations to ensure targeted development of the essential quantitative metrics for territory growth (technical/clinical/procedural/relational/financial)
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Licenses/ Certifications: Requires valid driver's license applicable to current residence to facilitate travel requirements of the position
Experience: Prefers a minimum (2) two years sales experience
- Requires strong PC applications skills to include proficiency in various software applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processing, preferably Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Requires a dynamic, assertive individual with technical-oriented leadership ability and well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Requires ability to get to all customers' operations and facilities via air, own automobile and local transport
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology and dynamic business growth
- Requires the ability to operate complex medical equipment
- Requires the ability to hear and communicate customer problems with sales representatives in person and on the telephone
- Requires the ability to read computer output on CRT Screen and printed material
- Requires the ability to read complex reference material and written user manuals
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions
Travel Requirements: 50–75%
Smith+Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.