Full Stack Java Developer
Citigroup Inc.Full time Full day
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Global Custody and Clearing provides world class solution for asset servicing and transaction functions primarily to intermediaries such as broker-dealers, banks, fund managers, insurance companies and other global investors through our proprietary network in over 60 markets. We are the market leader in this range of products, and maintain a large share of global custodian and international broker/dealer clients, having a rapidly growing presence in local custody (safekeeping services).
Under Global Custody and Clearing, Global Transaction Manager is client facing platform that offers end-to-end transaction life cycle service which enables clients to access the global presence and expertise of Citi Custody services through an integrated and efficient services. The solutions offered includes Safe Keeping and Clearing and Settlements, provide clients with real time market information on changes affecting their business. Additionally, our distribution network offers the ability to handle very large transaction volumes and achieve market leading STP rates.
- About the Role
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall goal of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities. You will be looking at coding components, performance, automation of certain processes, and scaling the platform.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level developers
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Essential Technical Requirements:
- Good track record of relevant experience in design and development of Java based systems.
- 5+ years' working experience in JAVA (Core JAVA, J2EE, Spring/Spring Boot Restful Services)
- Databases – DB2/Oracle or equivalent with SQL, PL/SQL programming expertise.
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience in Spring Framework, Spring Integration and persistence frameworks like JPA, Hibernate.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Tools – Well versed with IntelliJ/Eclipse
- Test Driven development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber/ Gherkin; JIRA, Maven, Sonar
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related engineering.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.